Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRANTS & ATTENDEES OF THE BIG INDIE FEST (“BIF”) AND ITS ASSOCIATED WEBSITE & FRINGE EVENTS:
Completing the booking form for this event constitutes a legally binding contract and our terms and conditions take precedence over those of any other organisation in every case.
PAYMENTS & CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
All payments must be in pounds sterling. VAT may be applicable to all purchases at the UK prevailing rate.
Once we have received details of your paid booking, we will send you an email confirmation and users area log in details. If payment is not made at the time of booking, your registration will be provisional and confirmation will only be authorised when payment has been received in full, please contact [email protected] if you are unable to pay by credit or debit card at the time of booking.
N.B. We must receive payment prior to the conference date. If you have not received confirmation of your booking within 7 working days of the conference date, please contact [email protected]
Steel Media Ltd does not accept responsibility for the non-arrival of information.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
All cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected] – and only deemed accepted if a confirmation of receipt is sent from Steel Media.
Cancellations made 60 days prior to the event (for which the booking applies) will receive a 100% refund minus a £25 admin fee.
Cancellations made within the period between 30-59 days prior to the event (for which the booking applies) will receive a 50% refund minus a £25 admin fee.
The company regrets that no cancellations are acceptable within 30 days of an event (for which the booking applies), and therefore no refunds are payable from this period up to, during or following the event, however a substitute delegate can be nominated to attend in your place.
Whilst the programme (“Agenda” or “Schedule”) is correct at the time of going to press, Steel Media Ltd reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations may occasionally be necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
In an exceptional case, where circumstances force cancellation of the conference in its entirety, Steel Media Ltd will make every effort to refund as much of the conference fee to each paying delegate as possible, having regard for any irrecoverable costs of production for which Steel Media Ltd remains liable. Steel Media Ltd is not liable for any consequential loss suffered by the delegate due to cancellation or postponement.
Views expressed by speakers are their own. Steel Media Ltd disclaim any liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the event or in any documentation provided to delegates.
FILMING & PHOTOGRAPHY
Please note that for promotional purposes, there may be a professional photographer and video production taking place during the event. As a condition of attending this event, you agree to being featured in any promotional photos taken at the event or at venues directly associated with the event – for example the associated networking parties and/or Speaker & VIP reception.
Overnight accommodation is not included in the registration fee. However, reduced rates have been arranged at a number of hotels close to the venue, please check our website or email [email protected] for more information.
DELEGATE ACCESS & DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
We make every effort to ensure that our events are accessible and enjoyable for all our delegates, and we can provide a vegetarian option for lunch.
If you have any other dietary requirements or would like to discuss any access or specific requirements you may have, please inform our Events team at the time of booking. Email [email protected]
DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY
Steel Media Ltd recognises that your privacy is important to you. The information you submit to Steel Media Ltd, and at our conferences will be kept confidential and secure once received. The information will be processed by Steel Media Ltd or on its behalf under conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By registering for this conference and disclosing personal information to Steel Media Ltd you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this policy. Please note that your continued use of the event websites and/or products and services constitutes your agreement to any changes to this policy and the website terms and conditions of use.
Steel Media Ltd will only disclose this information under one of the following circumstances:
• where your consent has been obtained;
• where there is a legal obligation;
• where there is a public duty; or
• in connection with the assignment or transfer of all or any of its rights and obligations to any of its group companies or to any other third party.
We may share your name, title, twitter ID and company information only with other conference participants specifically for networking purposes. Should you prefer that we do not share this information please email [email protected] to opt out of this networking service.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
Steel Media, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse entry, cancel tickets, or eject from the premises, any delegate that satisfies any one of the following conditions:
• They are without the correct ticket or do not hold a valid pass
• They are endangering the safety of other delegates or event staff
• They are engaged to work for, or are acting on behalf of a competitor
• They are circulating literature, assets, digital files or paraphernalia without Steel Media’s consent prior to the event
• They have been given forewarning that they are not to attend, or have been previously banned from entry
• They conduct themselves in an offensive manner or offend other delegates through their actions. e.g. drunk and disorderly.
Where refusal or ejection has been necessary Steel Media will not be liable for full or partial refunds of the ticket cost and under no circumstances will Steel Media be held liable for any consequential loss.
STEEL MEDIA BUSINESS NETWORK
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are agreeing to being contacted via email with relevant offers and business opportunities as part of the Steel Media Business Network. Steel Media Ltd will not share your contact details with any third party without your consent. You may unsubscribe from these emails at anytime.
ONLINE MEETING SYSTEM
The online meeting system is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and must ONLY be used by delegates of the event. You must be registered with the system before benefiting from the functionality that it provides.
Once registered, you agree to your details being searchable and viewed by other users of the same meeting system who may use this system to contact you to arrange a meeting. You are responsible for accepting or declining any invites for meetings that are created by users of the system.
Whilst meeting tables, rooms and points are provided at the venue, you may also choose to meet outside of the venue. Doing so is strictly your own responsibility and you understand that Steel Media is not responsible for these areas.
Steel Media will not be liable for any consequential losses, missed meetings or travel expenses incurred through you using the meeting system.
EVENT RELATED COMPETITIONS
Entry and qualification to enter related competitions are strictly at the discretion of the promoters Steel Media Ltd.
Winners will be drawn and the winners will be informed at the time of the published deadline.
No purchase is necessary to enter.
The prize will be defined at the time, is provided on an as-is basis, and cannot be exchanged for the cash equivalent or for an alternative at the sole discretion of the promoter.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances Steel Media reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes for an alternative of equal or greater value.
By entering Steel Media competitions, and providing your contact details, you give Steel Media permission to email you with offers, information, news and event invitations that we feel may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time and we will remove you from further emailings.
Steel Media do not share contact details with any third party for marketing unless we have your express permission.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRANTS & SUBMISSIONS TO THE BIG INDIE FEST (“BIF”) COMPETITIONS:
By submitting your game and attending our Big Indie events, this constitutes a legally binding contract and our terms and conditions take precedence over those of any other organisation in every case.
These standard terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided by Steel Media to entrants or to which they are referred at the time of entering the competition.
Unless stated otherwise, entry is not open to employees (and their families) of Steel Media Ltd (“SM”), its agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies directly associated with the competitions.
The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
All entrants must submit their contact details BEFORE entry.
Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, inaudible, or unreadable (if made by online entry form) will not be valid and deemed void.
All entries must be made directly by the person or company entering the competition.
Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, incomplete file transfer, or due to computer error in transit.
The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Where all or part of the prize does not work or operate in the winners country, SM reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
SM does not accept any liability for consequential losses as a result of entry to the event, the competition or in any activity associated with the Big Indie event.
Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
SM reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
In the event of a prize being unavailable, SM reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of country of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by SM relating to any post-winning publicity. This includes allowing SM a non-exclusive right to publish screenshots, video footage and game/app details in direct relation to Big Indie events and on this website.
Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form provided or as instructed at that time.
Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be judged from all entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional page and/or the entry form.
If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, SM reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
Confirmation of the prize may be made verbally or in writing to the winner(s).
Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion or the common criteria agreed among the judges at the time of the judging and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Where there is dispute or issue with the judges decision, SM’s decision is absolutely final.
Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material and/or the promotional pages of the official website.
Unless stated otherwise, the Promoter is Steel Media Ltd, The House, Kelston Park, Bath, BA1 9AE, UK.
Refreshments may or may not be provided at the event but when done so, will be provided on an as is basis.
Where drink vouchers are provided at an event to be exchanged for drinks, these can only be used subject to availability, on-the-day limits for what is provided and in exchange for only certain drinks. A list of what drinks can be exchanged for vouchers can be provided on the day of the event.
Entry to the competition and event venue is at the absolute discretion of SM and its designated representatives and SM reserves the right to refuse entry for whatever reason. SM is not liable for any consequential loss as a result of refusal of entry.
In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
From time to time these terms and conditions may be updated and apply to all current and upcoming events.
If you have any questions regarding these terms or any of Steel Media’s policies, please email [email protected]
By clicking “Yes”, you confirm that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for participating in ReVersed 2018.
*All the information submitted will be reviewed by the ReVersed festival organization team and an email will be sent to you with an Exhibitor ID and confirmation that your game has been accepted to be part of ReVersed 2018’s exhibition .
**If your game is not eligible for our festival, you will be notified by email and all personal information submitted in this form will be deleted from our database.
ATTENDANCE AND STAY
- The Exhibition will be open to visitors daily for the period and during the opening hours stated on the ReVersed website.
- All garbage must be removed and stands ready for display purposes by the readiness time stated on the ReVersed website on each open day.
- The Exhibitor must abide by the rules set by the MuseumsQuartier in regards to the location of the ReVersed festival.
- The ReVersed festival, the organization team and members officially affiliated with the festival are not responsible for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, sustained by any person during the festival.
- The ReVersed festival will issue ID numbers to all the exhibitors. Each ID number will be assigned tables in the exhibition space.
- If an Exhibitor’s table assignment doesn’t meet the requirements of his/her display, a written request to change booths must be submitted to the ReVersed organization team 7 days prior to opening date of ReVersed 2018.
- The ReVersed festival reserves the right, at any time, to make such alterations in the floor plan of the Exhibition as may in their opinion be necessary in the best interests of the Exhibition as a whole and to alter either or both of the shape and size of the space allocated to the Exhibitor.
- The ReVersed festival reserves the right to exclude and/or require to be removed any exhibit which in their opinion is not germane to the Exhibition. The decision of the Organisers as to the eligibility of the exhibits will be absolutely final and binding.
REPLACEMENTS AND BOOTH CANCELLATION
- Any place you book for a free-to attend event is freely transferable to a colleague within your organisation and no charge will be incurred if a colleague attends in your place provided we have been notified by you or the replacement in advance. Replacements can be notified to us at any time before the day of the event.
- If neither you nor any colleague is able to attend an event please notify us at least 30 days days prior to the event so that the place can be made available to another delegate on the waiting list.
- If you fail to attend, or provide a replacement for ReVersed festival without providing 30 days notice three times in any 12-month period then you may become ineligible for complimentary places at future events.
THE “EXTRAS” PACKAGE
- Exhibitors having purchased Extra items for their booth must submit any information necessary a month prior to the Opening date of the ReVersed festival
- Exhibitors are responsible for the maintenance and appropriate use of the hardware that have been rented for their showcase.
- All hardware and software borrowed or rented by the Exhibitor must be returned on the last day of the festival. The Exhibitor is responsible for any damage caused to items rented and will be financially responsible to replace items if necessary.
We accept payment up until the 6th of June 2018.
- Bank Transfer
It is understood and agreed to that the ReVersed festival and the Exhibitor would like to exchange certain information that may be considered confidential. To ensure the protection of such information and in consideration of the agreement to exchange said information, the parties agree as follows:
- The confidential information to be disclosed by the ReVersed festival under this Agreement (“Confidential Information”) can be described as and includes:
Technical and business information relating to Disclosure’s proprietary ideas, patentable ideas copyrights and/or trade secrets, existing and/or contemplated products and services, software, schematics, research and development, production, costs, profit and margin information, finances and financial projections, customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models, regardless of whether such information is designated as “Confidential Information” at the time of its disclosure.
In addition to the above, Confidential Information shall also include, and the ReVersed festival shall have a duty to protect, other confidential and/or sensitive information which is
(a) disclosed by the Exhibitor in writing and marked as confidential (or with other similar designation) at the time of disclosure; and/or
(b) disclosed by the Exhibitor in any other manner and identified as confidential at the time of disclosure.
- The ReVersed festival shall limit disclosure of Confidential Information within its own organization to its directors, officers, partners, members and/or employees having a need to know and shall not disclose Confidential Information to any third party (whether an individual, corporation, or other entity) without the prior written consent of the Exhibitor. Recipient shall have satisfied its obligations under this paragraph if it takes affirmative measures to ensure compliance with these confidentiality obligations by its employees, agents, consultants and others who are permitted access to or use of the Confidential Information.
- The ReVersed festival warrants that he/she has the right to make the disclosures under this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall not be construed as creating, conveying, transferring, granting or conferring upon the Recipient any rights, license or authority in or to the information exchanged, except the limited right to use Confidential Information specified in paragraph 2. Furthermore and specifically, no license or conveyance of any intellectual property rights is granted or implied by this Agreement.
- Neither party has an obligation under this Agreement to purchase any service, goods, or intangibles from the other party. Furthermore, both parties acknowledge and agree that the exchange of information under this Agreement shall not commit or bind either party to any present or future contractual relationship (except as specifically stated herein), nor shall the exchange of information be construed as an inducement to act or not to act in any given manner.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other in any manner whatsoever for any decisions, obligations, costs or expenses incurred, changes in business practices, plans, organization, products, services, or otherwise, based on either party’s decision to use or rely on any information exchanged under this Agreement.
- If there is a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement, it is agreed and understood that the ReVersed festival shall have no adequate remedy in money or other damages and accordingly shall be entitled to injunctive relief; provided however, no specification in this Agreement of any particular remedy shall be construed as a waiver or prohibition of any other remedies in the event of a breach or threatened breach of this Agreement.
- This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the disclosure of Confidential Information and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, or representations with respect thereto. Any addition or modification to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. This Agreement is made under and shall be construed according to the laws of Austria
- If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.
Wherefore, the parties acknowledge that they have read and understand this Agreement and voluntarily accept the duties and obligations set forth herein.
Consent to filming
The ReVersed festival films, records and photographs its events for broadcast on, among other things, its website. By reserving a spot at our event you confirm your agreement with the ReVersed festival that:
- you assign to ReVersed festival the copyright, performers’ property rights and all other rights in any filming, recording or photography of you at the event for use in all media; and
- the ReVersed festival may edit, adapt or translate (provided that to do so is not in any way disparaging) any filming or recording of you and the game(s) you will be showcasing.
If you don’t consent to the ReVersed festival’s filming, recording or photographing you at the event then please notify the cameraperson or photographer at the time and [email protected]
- Nothing in this agreement or on our websites, owned, operated, licensed or controlled by ReVersed festival shall confer on any third party any benefit or obligation.
- In the Event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms or any contract between you and us, then you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- We are not liable for any breach of our obligations resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Austria, and all international governance is expressly excluded.
- You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions when you proceed with the registration process by clicking “I agree to these terms & conditions”